June 22, 2011

Rajasthan ahoy...

Rajasthan time soon..

This picture below was taken on a rainy day at Meherangarh fort, Jodhpur; as I am usually in Rajasthan during monsoons, the picture is simultaneously an appropriate reminder of past travels and refreshing prologue to an entirely new journey. Even though I visit Rajasthan almost on an annual basis, each journey yields its own discoveries, haunts, and incidents. I wonder what awaits me this time - and I look forward to documenting it within the scope of this blog...


This picture instantly evokes for me the essential aspects about Rajasthan that are especially dear to me: its iridescent color-palette and its ancient, history-laden spaces. I also like the feeling of dampness that permeates the picture, the unseen gray clouds and drizzle of rain dulling the usual brilliant, almost harsh desert sunlight.* * Considering the temperatures are currently ablaze where I am and the sky woefully absent of the slightest sense of gray, the water-color like intermingling of rain and color will be a welcome sight!

** No wonder I gravitate towards this painting so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!